December 18, 2020
Dear HMS Families,
Please see the information below from Dave Creech, Yarmouth Athletic Director, explaining that all in-person athletics are on hold for now. Please reach out to Dave if you have any questions email@example.com.
Thanks very much.
Maine Counties’ Risk of COVID-19 Spread for Schools
Categorization as “red” suggests that the county has a high risk of COVID-19 spread and that in-person instruction is not advisable.
Categorization as “yellow” suggests that the county has an elevated risk of COVID-19 spread and that schools may consider hybrid instructional models as a way to reduce the number of people in schools and classrooms at any one time.
Categorization as “green” suggests that the county has a relatively low risk of COVID-19 spread and that schools may consider in-person instruction, as long as they are able to implement the required health and safety measures. Schools in a “green” county may need to use hybrid instruction models if there is insufficient capacity or other factors (facilities, staffing, geography/transportation, etc.) that may prevent full implementation of the health and safety requirements.
County Risk Level Status Yellow - When Cumberland County’s Risk of COVID-19 level is designated yellow, the following guidelines will be in place for Athletics:
- Takes effect Friday, Dec. 18 through Thursday, Dec. 31
- All athletic practices and activities will discontinue
- No in-person training or coaching will occur
- Athletic facilities and equipment will be closed and unavailable
Coaches may provide online communication through virtual meetings to promote the following:
- Stressing the importance of activity, nutrition, and wellness
- Providing training suggestions for individual workouts
- Encouraging student athletes to follow guidelines of wearing masks, physical distancing, and not working out with fellow athletes
- Updating student athletes regarding the status of practices, schedules, and other news
HMS Athletics - Temporarily Discontinued
DEC 19, 2020